Digital Citizenship

Back in the days when technology lived in a computer lab, students were often advised on the narrow topics of cyber safety/internet safety as well as cyberbullying.

While still vital concepts, changes in technology use have given rise to a broader range of important concepts such as digital reputation, etiquette, copyright, health and wellness, and more.

These concepts are generally now defined as coming under the umbrella of digital citizenship.

To find out more about the best approach to teaching digital citizenship, check out my post from November, 2017

Teaching Digital Citizenship 10 Internet Safety Tips for Students | Cyber safety posters

I have also written a post about communicating with parents on the topics of technology use, digital citizenship and internet safety.

Working with families 10 Internet Safety tips for parents | cyber safety tips for students

Both posts contain posters which you are free to display, print or share.

10 Digital Citizenship and Internet Safety tips for Parents Kathleen Morris | Primary Tech | Cyber safety online    Poster for classrooms- 10 Digital Citizenship and Internet Safety tips for students by Kathleen Morris

Older Posts

Below are some older posts that I have written about internet safety and digital citizenship. I am working through updating them in 2018 🙂

Teaching Children about Digital Footprints

10 Internet Use Tips for Teachers

Cyber Safety and Young Students

Want To Stay Up To Date With My Posts Like This?

If you’re interested in things like digital citizenship tips, you might be interested in my free monthly email newsletter. I showcase the blog posts I’ve written and also share any other useful links, tips, or resources I’ve come across.

To sign up, simply fill out the form below or click here to find the sign up form in your browser.

* indicates required

Of course, there is no pressure and you can unsubscribe at any time.

3 Comment

1. […] blog is a public forum- think copywrite, think online safety and thinkparent blogging consent. Although the general release that parents sign for students on […]

2. […] a link to a website with a ton of great resources for teachers to use. Another useful tab is the Internet Safety one. There are links to posters that educators can use about internet safety, there are also links […]