Poster: How To Write A Quality Blog Comment

Do you have a class blog? I've found that having a poster to refer to can really help when teaching about quality commenting. Feel free to use my 2018 updated quality commenting poster in your classroom or on your blog. Kathleen Morris Primary Tech

I’ve recently set up a blog for a class I’m teaching and I’ve given my old quality commenting poster an update!

I’ve found that when commenting is not explicitly taught, modelled, and reinforced, the standard of writing ends up being poor.

This sort of thing can become the norm…

Awsome blog!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

This means you’re not using blogging to teach important literacy conventions — what a wasted opportunity. It also means you’re not going to unleash many of the benefits of blogging.

Comments can extend learning through conversation and turn your blog from a static space into an interactive space.

I’ve found that having a poster to refer to can really help when teaching about quality commenting.

Of course, you can come up with your own ideas with your students and create your own poster. However, if you’re looking for a shortcut, feel free to display mine in your classroom or on your blog.

Check out Comments For Kids Still Count: Teaching And Promoting Quality Commenting for eight ideas for teaching quality commenting.

Thanks to Ron Leishman Digital Toonage for the cute number clipart!

Want More Resources Like This?

My monthly email newsletter showcases the blog posts I’ve written and other useful links, tips, or resources I’ve come across.

Maybe you’d like to sign up if you haven’t already?

Fill out the form below or simply click here to find the sign up form in your browser.

* indicates required

Of course, there is no pressure and you can unsubscribe at any time.