Free Online PD: Learn About Blogging and Global Collaboration

In June I travelled to the USA to present at the ISTE conference with my long time blogging buddy, Linda Yollis.  Read more about it here.

If you weren’t at ISTE and would like to see our presentation, Linda and I are joining together for an online professional development webinar next week.

What: Tech Talk Tuesdays

Where: Blackboard Collaborate Room

Link to the Session

Date: Tuesday 21 August (GMT+10)

Time: 4:00 – 5:00pm

Click here to find out what time this is for you.

If you can’t make the session, the recording will be found here after the event.

About our Session: Flattening Classroom Walls with Educational Blogging

In early 2009, Linda came across my class blog. One comment has lead to years of learning and collaboration through blogging and global projects.

In our presentation, we will share our story and also offer you

• insights into the benefits of educational blogging and global collaboration
  • a summary of how our students have worked together on blogging and global projects
  • an overview of how we use a variety of technologies in our collaboration
  • ideas on integrating blogging and projects into the curriculum
  • tips for getting started on your own journey with global collaboration

Please spread the word and join us if you can!

10 thoughts on “Free Online PD: Learn About Blogging and Global Collaboration

• Hi Stef,

Thanks for your support. I have the same dilemma with Tuesday meetings. I was disappointed to miss your session as I heard it was outstanding! I’ll have to check out your recording 🙂

Kathleen

• @ Kathleen,

That’s the great thing about webinars, though – they can be recorded!

And thanks – I was very nervous, though! Still, a great experience and hopefully people have taken something away from it.

Stef

1. Unfortunately I have a PLT to run-maybe next time make it after 5pm if possible. What you guys have contributed to all (educators, teachers & would be bloggers or 1st timers) has been inspirational, outstanding and supportive. Thank you so much-you have made the path easy, practical and achievable for many to follow. Looking fwd to the podcast-good luck!

• Thanks so much for your support! I know the time isn’t ideal as I have PLTs on Tuesdays after school too. Unfortunately, Tech Talk Tuesdays is always at 4pm so the time was not something I could change. Also, it is 11pm for Linda Yollis (in LA) at 4pm so asking her to stay up any later than that would be difficult! 😆
      Thanks again for your kind words.
      Kathleen

2. Hi Kathleen,
    We (at Holy Eucharist in St Albans, Vic, Australia) were logged in and ready to listen (we don’t have mics enabled!) but the school was conducting maintenance of our PA system and we lost power 3 times during the elluminate session. We will have to download the recording and video later on! 🙁

Thanks for all your work. Your blog and your blogging activities are really inspiring. We are very excited to be blogging with our students and we are eager to learn more!

Keep up the good work!
    🙂 Julie Murnane

• Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for trying to come along! Your power outages must have been very frustrating!

It looks like the teachers are Holy Eucharist are doing a fabulous job learning about blogging. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Kathleen 🙂

3. HI Kathleen,
    I just went looking for the above recording, but I could not find it on the tech talk tuesdays list…is there another link I could try?
    Cheers
    Sarah

• Hi Sarah,

You’re right – it’s not on the list! I have tweeted Anne Mirtchin (who organises Tech Talk Tuesdays) to check with her. Hopefully she can help us out.

Thanks,
      Kathleen