My team teaching partner, Kelly Jordan, and I have been accepted to present at two conferences in Melbourne in May.
As many of you know, Kelly and I have been blogging with our primary classes since 2008 and it is something we are passionate about after seeing so many benefits.
In our presentations, we plan to cover topics such as:
• How to get starting with blogging
• How students react to blogging
• The many benefits of blogging
• How to incorporate blogging into the curriculum
• How to address internet safety issues
• How to use blogging to flatten classroom walls and build global connections and projects
• Some of the web 2.0 tools that can be incorporated into blogging
• Tips for better blogging
DEECD INNOVATIONS SHOWCASE
“This annual event features Victoria’s most forward thinking practitioners who will share the innovations making a difference in their settings.”
WHEN: Friday 13th May 2011
WHERE: Melbourne Convention Centre, South Wharf
COST: Free *hurry, limited places available!
ICTEV2011 STATE CONFERENCE: IN TOUCH
“ICTEV’s 2011 conference aims to put you in touch with educational colleagues who will enthuse and inspire you to integrate technologies in your learning and teaching.”
WHEN: Saturday 21st May 2011
WHERE: Melbourne Grammar School, Wadhurst Campus, Domain Road, Melbourne
COST: $70 pre-service teachers, $180/$230 ICTEV member, $279 non ICTEV members
Here is Kelly (right) and me with the third member of our teaching team – our class mascot, Leo!