Global Connections

My class blog has been a central part of our classroom this year for reflecting on and publishing student work while celebrating the students’ achievements in their Grade Two year.

2KM Blog

Making global connections has been one of the most rewarding parts of the blogging experience for me and my class.

Two particularly worthwhile connections we have made are with Mr Salsich’s Class Blog in Connecticut, USA and Mrs Yollis’ Class Blog in California, USACheck them out and  leave them a comment!

Mrs Yollis' Class blog Mr Salsich

While the global world can seem like an abstract concept for 7 and 8 year olds, connecting with others on the opposite side of the Earth have helped my students develop an understanding of the world in which they live. 

One of the most rewarding experiences my students had this year was when we skyped with our blogging buddies in Mrs Yollis’ class this week. Read about it here.

If you want to make your own connections, Sue Waters has compiled an excellent list of various class blogs that you can get in touch with.

Linda Yollis is also sharing her excellent knowledge of all things blogging through a wiki which she says is “a resource for teachers who are interested in starting a blog”. Check it out and sign up!

Educational blogging mrs yollis

2 thoughts on “Global Connections